February 23, 2006

Perfect..

Hey dad look at me,think back and talk to me
Did I grow up according to plan?
And do you think I'm wasting my time doing things I wanna do?
'Cuz it hurts when you disapprove all along


And now I try hard to make it
I just want to make you proud
I'm never gonna be good enough for you
I can't pretend that
I'm alright
And you can't change me


'Cuz we lost it all
Nothing lasts forever
I'm sorry
I can't be perfect


Now it's just too late and
We can't go back
I'm sorry
I can't be perfect


I try not to think
About the pain I feel inside
Did you know you used to be my hero?


All the days you spend with me
Now seem so far away
And it feels like you don't care anymore
And now I try hard to make it
I just want to make you proud


I'm never gonna be good enough for you
I can't stand another fight
And nothing's alright


'Cuz we lost it all
Nothing lasts forever
I'm sorry
I can't be perfect


Now it's just too late and
We can't go back
I'm sorry
I can't be perfect


Nothing's gonna change the things that you said
Nothing's gonna make this right again
Please don't turn your back
I can't believe it's hard
Just to talk to you
But you don't understand


'Cuz we lost it all
Nothing lasts forever
I'm sorry
I can't be perfect


Now it's just too late and
We can't go back
I'm sorry
I can't be perfect


'Cuz we lost it all
Nothing lasts forever
I'm sorry
I can't be perfect


Now it's just too late and
We can't go back
I'm sorry
I can't be perfect



Yeah...im sorry ,i cant be perfect for u!



-Perfect by Simple plan-

24 comments:

Mahessss said...

perfection born from imperfection
everything born as imperfect one

ther's no fault
if u r not perfect

not only u...
nobody is perfect

we are on the way..
perfect

PuNeEt said...

hey thats so nice :-)

I beleive
perfection is an illusion we all strive for :-)

Cheers

Rey said...

Is the "hey, day" in the first line intended to be instead of "hey dad"?

Anyway, perfection is something we can only find in nirvana. But striving for perfection though is not bad. It will never make us perfect in any way but will make us a better individual. It will be benificial if it comes from ones' self (self- motivation) but disastrous if yielded as a rule (example: by parents).

Jeevan said...

very nice, well writen kathy.

Kathy said...

Mahes,
Yeah..we don't need to be perfect,at least we're trying our best to be better.

Kathy said...

Puneet,
Hehe..so you're striving to be?^_~ it's ok yaar..we all want to be the best as much as we can in our life but still we commit mistakes to learned from it at the same time.

Kathy said...

Rey,
Well said my friend..that's very true,we strive for it but still we make mistakes every now and then.But probably it helps us to be better individual..
Hey thanx for comin' to my lil place..you seem the well known Journalist Rey Villegas right? who works for a tv station or newspaper?Sorry if im wrong..but your name sounds familiar..
Thanx anyway..it's my honor to have you here.

-kathy-

Kathy said...

Charles,
Hey thanx yaar..so you're active again for blogging?Did you post new on ur blog?Ok i'll check it later...
Yeah..nobody's perfect^_~ and we dont have to...


Jeevan,
Thanx yaar..^_^


-kathy-

Anonymous said...

pq"NOBODY is perfect"
- Unknown

"I'm NOBODY"
-Ravii

hehe.. kathy, did u get what i mean to say ~_^

Jo said...

Nice lyrics... It makes sense when our parents want us to grow upto their expectations, but it makes no sense when they deny our dreams.

Sudeep said...

nice lyrics n a cool video .. it is the first time i could watch a video frm my office.. dont know how come they didnt block it

perfection is wht everybody strives for...

Kathy said...

Ravi,
Hehe and u want to say your perfect hmmm??ok ok..you're perfect friend for me^_^ really..thanx for always being there yaar!

-kathy-

Kathy said...

Jo,
Yeah ..that's very true,sometimes we can't give them what they're expected for us to be.But i think we must do what we like to do and tell them that it's our life..and we will regret it if we will not do anything about it in proper time.

-kathy-

Kathy said...

Sudeep,
Glad u like it..well,i think it's kathy's magic why u can watch the video for the first time in ur office hehe^_~ what do u think yaar? answer me asap ^_~ haha..just kiddin'

cheers,
-kathy-

Anonymous said...

nakakarelate ako :)

Ka Uro said...

kath, that's some deep feeling in you. hope you don't really feel that way towards your dad because sometimes we think that's how our parents feel but deep inside they feel differently.

i just saw the movie "the sixth sense" for the nth time on tv the other day. near the last part when cole and his mom where sitting inside the car during a traffic jam, cole revealed his secret to his mom. that's when cole told his mom about his dead grandma (his mom's mom) visiting him as a ghost. cole then said "grandma wants you to know that 'yes, all the time' was the answer to the question she asked the last time she visited grandma's grave". then cole asked his mom "What did you ask her?". his mom replied "Do... do I make you proud?"

cheers and have a nice weekend.

Ka Uro said...

i guess what i'm saying is that we don't have to be perfect to make our parents proud.

Kathy said...

Melai,
Thanx sis..seems ur busy na?di ka masyado nangungulit eh^_^

-kathy-

Kathy said...

Ka Uro,
Yeah i saw the movie "Sixth Sense" many times and its really a touching one.Sometimes we strives so much to be perfect just to give them their expectation for us but in the end we realized that we don't have to be perfect just to make our parents proud..
Thanx friend...
Happy weekend too..

-kathy-

Keshi said...

Great lyrics...Kath I had tears dancing in my eyes reading this...cos it reminded me of my dad somehow...

Keshi.

Shriedhar said...

beautiful !!!

PuNeEt said...

thats true...
and we should try not to repeat those mistakes ;-)

have a nice weekend ;-)
ur have a very pretty voice ;-)
:-)

Cheers

Sudeep said...

i believe ~_^

Kathy said...

Ohh so u agree with me naa??haha..ok ok!
Happy weekend Sudeep..

-kathy-